Badger Adds Second Crossings with Night Cruises June 15
The S.S. Badger gets into full swing with two crossings daily from each port, starting June 15. Guests can depart out of Ludington at 9 a.m. or 8:45 p.m. ET, and Manitowoc at 2 p.m. or 1:30 a.m. CT. If you book now, you can lock in the best-value crossing rate of $59 per-adult each way or $111 per-adult round trip (without auto) for any cruise booked the entire 2018 sailing season.
Night Crossings Provide Thrilling Experience
If you haven’t done a night crossing on the S.S. Badger, you’re in for a treat! Here are a few reasons to book an evening voyage across Lake Michigan:
- Jump start your travel plans — The 8:45 p.m. departure from Ludington gives you all day to enjoy Ludington and gets you to Manitowoc at 11:45 p.m., where you can book a hotel night and get on your travels with a fresh start the next morning. Heading east from Manitowoc? Hop on the “red eye” 1:30 a.m. CT crossing and arrive in Ludington at 6:30 a.m. ET. If you catch some Zzz’s on the ship (grab a comfy reclining seat in the movie theater or near the main lounge), you’ll be refreshed and ready to start your day when you land.
- Watch a sunset from the ship deck — Want to watch the sun set from a unique vantage point? How about from the deck of the last coal-fired steamship in the United States? Book the 8:45 p.m. departure from Ludington and witness Lake Michigan’s dazzling sunset all around you. Grab a drink from one of our ship’s bars and toast the end of a great summer day!
- Stargaze with perfect darkness — Want a truly dazzling stargazing experience? Bundle up and head to the deck, where you’ll see more constellations than usual since there is almost no ambient light in the middle of Lake Michigan! Catch the 1:30 a.m. CT departure from Manitowoc to experience the most darkness on a crossing (you can also stargaze on the 8:45 p.m. departure from Ludington after the sun sets). To make the most of your night sky experience, try our telescope on the bow of the ship (50¢)or visit astroviewer.com where an interactive sky map will help you find the stars as you sail. Just set your location and time, and the website can help you find planets, constellations, and more. For a guide to the most familiar and easily seen constellations in the northern sky, visit stardate.org/nightsky/constellations.
Tickets Still Available for Fourth of July Cruise, other Shoreline Cruises
Book your tickets now for the S.S. Badger’s two-hour shoreline cruises! Next up is the always-popular Fourth of July Shoreline Cruise, a Ludington Independence Day tradition. This cruise departing at 9 p.m. takes passengers along the Lake Michigan shoreline from the Ludington port, providing a perfect vantage point not only to watch the sunset, but also Ludington’s spectacular waterfront fireworks display. The $52 per-person ticket price includes the all-you-can-eat picnic buffet with desserts and soft drinks, and two cash bars with drink specials. Children three and under are free. Book now, as this popular cruise always sells out!
Other Shoreline Cruises to put on your calendar:
- Pirates of the Caribbean Cruise, Ludington — July 25, 9 to 11 p.m. ET (boarding at 8:30 p.m.). Channel your inner pirate and join this popular cruise featuring live music from “Two Dudes in FlipFlops.” The $42 ticket includes the Badger Party Buffet with desserts and soft drinks, plus cash bars with drink specials (kids under 5 are free).
- Bon Voyage to Summer Cruise, Ludington — Aug. 15, 9 to 11 p.m. ET (boarding at 8:30 p.m.) — Say good bye to summer on this relaxingyet fun shoreline cruise. The $42 ticket (kids under 5 are free)includes our Badger Party Buffet, desserts and soft drinks, plus cash bars with drink specials.
- GO PACKERS – GO BADGERS Cruise, Manitowoc — Sept. 1, 2 p.m. CT (boarding at 1 p.m.). This Labor Day weekend cruise takes passengers along the Wisconsin shoreline, celebrating Wisconsin football team spirit. The ticket price of $42 (kids under 5 are free) includes our Football Party Buffet and soft drinks, plus a cash bar with drink specials.
Purchase shoreline tickets online, by phone at 800.841.4243, or at the Ludington Ticket Office. Shoreline cruises go on rain or shine, and pricing does not include a security fee. No passes accepted for these events.