A message from the crew and staff of the S.S. Badger:
The health and safety of our employees and our passengers has always been a priority for our company. The Ship and Shore Crew of the SS Badger are committing themselves to meeting the guidelines of the CDC and the national Passenger Vessel Association to protect you as well as ourselves. We will do our part, and we ask you to also follow good practices as we work together to safely return to the fun of sailing on the Badger.
Here are some of the things we are doing now until the guidelines change:
- At the onset of our season scheduled for June 12 we will be doing the following, subject to change as the COVID-19 situation changes:
- All passengers will be required to wear facemasks. This will be subject to change at a later date. We are asking passengers to provide their own facemask. We will have a limited number for sale.
- Passenger capacity has been reduced by 50%
- Social Distancing - six foot spacing will be mandatory where possible
- Hand sanitizers will be available in many locations throughout the vessel
- Additional outside seating will be provided
- All crew members will be required to wear face masks when interacting with other crew members or passengers.
- Crew members will be screened daily for recent history, COVID-19 symptoms and temperature checks
- Sanitation will be an ongoing process during each sailing
- Evening sailings have been cancelled to allow deep cleaning and sanitizing each night
- Passenger screening may be required
- We will be focused on paperless transactions for ticketing and on-board purchases where possible
Here are some things you can do to help:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use onboard hand sanitizers (we are well stocked!)
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissue or inside of elbow when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid close contact with others by allowing at least six feet between fellow riders while waiting in line and at least one empty seat while onboard the vessel
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Wear a cloth face covering