Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made online or by calling 800-841-4243.
- Changes to reserved tickets may be made and are subject to the payment of a change fee of $10.00 per Child or Adult fare (1-way or roundtrip) covered by the reservation and $5.00 per Vehicle fare (1-way or roundtrip) covered by the reservation.
- Reserved tickets cancelled prior to the reserved departure time are refundable minus the following cancellation fees:
- $10.00 cancellation fee per Child fare (1-way or roundtrip) covered by the reservation.
- $20.00 cancellation fee per Adult fare (1-way or roundtrip) covered by the reservation.
- $30.00 cancellation fee per Adult fare with Vehicle (1-way or roundtrip) covered by the reservation.
The car deck is not accessible during the crossing due to safety and security regulations.
A variety of factors determine the way the Badger's car deck is loaded on each crossing. Our crew strives to load and unload the car deck efficiently.
We ask that you arrive at the dock one hour prior to departure for ticketing and boarding.
Discounts are offered to groups of 10 or more passengers. Group rates and information are available by clicking here or by contacting our Group Sales Department at 888-227-2628.
The S.S. Badger has ample space for large vehicles such as RVs, trailers, buses, semi-trucks, and oversized loads. Reservations for RV's, trailers, and oversized vehicles are highly recommended. We cannot guarantee you a spot without a reservation.
A chairlift to transport wheelchairs and passengers needing assistance is available when boarding and disembarking the ship. The chairlift has a maximum 400-pound capacity. Passengers with motorized wheelchairs must ride the lift separately from their chairs. There is limited access to our upper deck areas depending on the passenger's mobility.
A handicap-accessible restroom is available onboard the ship. There are free wheelchairs available for use onboard (first-come, first-served basis).
Yes, using the stairlift-powered chairs/scooters are able to be used in the main deck area. However, we do not have a stairlift to make upper deck areas accessible.
Dogs that are trained to perform a task or provide assistance to a person with a disability are welcome in passenger areas. Comfort animals, emotional support animals, and therapy dogs may be kept in a well-ventilated portable kennel on the car deck or transported in the owner's vehicle.
For no additional charge, animals may be kept in a well-ventilated portable kennel on the car deck or transported in the owner's vehicle. Due to security restrictions, no pets of any kind are allowed in any passenger area. Service dogs trained to work or perform tasks for a passenger with a disability may accompany that individual.
- Lake Michigan Carferry recommends that pets travel in our well-ventilated portable kennels on our car deck. A limited number of kennels are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend you bring a small blanket or towel and a toy to put in the kennel.
- Owners may bring their own kennels that will be positioned in a well-ventilated area on our car deck.
- Owners may choose to keep their pets in their vehicles. LMC will make every effort to make sure your vehicle is located in an area where there is fresh airflow. It is recommended that owners roll-down their windows slightly so your pet can get fresh air. If animals are left in your vehicle, windshield sunscreens and a water bowl are strongly recommended during warm weather. If you are traveling with a pet, please note that pet vehicle parking on the car deck is limited. On certain crossings, you may be required to use our kennels rather than leave your pet in your vehicle.
Water bottles and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought on board. Outside food, snacks and coolers of any size are not permitted. Coolers must be left on the luggage cart or in a vehicle.
A limited number of private staterooms are available during the four-hour crossing. Rooms have a window, two twin beds, a sink, and a toilet. Please inquire when making your reservation, or at the Cruise Director's Office aboard the ship.
Children under the age of 16 sailing aboard the SS Badger must be accompanied by an adult.
Wifi codes are $5 per device and are available at the Cruise Director's Office.
Lake Michigan Carferry reserves the right to inspect all vehicles, luggage and carry-on items with explosive detection dogs. Water bottles and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought on board. Outside food and coolers of any size are not permitted. Coolers must be left on the luggage cart or in a vehicle. Ticket offices, parking lots, staging areas, and the S.S. BADGER are monitored 24 hours a day by surveillance cameras or security personnel. (LMC is not responsible for damage to vehicles left in parking lot.)
Passengers are allowed to travel with weapons, however they are strictly not allowed in passenger areas and must stay on the cardeck. We ask that they stay in a locked case in your vehicle. If you are not traveling with a vehicle, we do have a secure locker that it can be stored in during the duration of your sailing. Please see a crew member for more details.
Passengers are required to provide two tie-downs per motorcycle. Tie-downs should be adjustable, heavy-duty nylon with a metal S-hook on one end.
Security regulations prohibit passengers from visiting the Bridge, the Aft Pilothouse, or the Engine Room.
Yes, there is free parking at our docks in Ludington, MI and Manitowoc, WI for paying passengers.